Sunday 29 May 2016

[Food & Recipe] Apple Puff & Tuna Puff


Assalamualaikum
Peace be upon you

So, the mid-year term break has started! We kicked-off with having Budak Benyek circumcised. Since now Ummi cuti, I think it's a good time coz he's on mid-term break and I can pay full attention during his recovery period. We're doing good, Alhamdulillah.
 
Last week was a puff-kinda week. I had a pack of instant puff pastry sitting in my freezer for quite sometime. I just needed to do the filling only.
 
Mula-mula buat Apple Puff. Guna 2 biji Granny Smith green apple. Buang kulit and biji. Diced. Masak with a little water, sugar and cinnamon powder.


Tadaaaaaa! After 15 minutes in the oven, I am quite pleased on how these turned out. Forgot to egg-wash tho.


 
One sheet of puff pastry yields four parts. I cut the big square of a pastry sheet into four small squares. Spoon the filling and then simply fold them along the edges. Then, using a fork, pressed along edges, making sure betul-betul lekat bahagian tepi tu. Lepas tu, cut off the excess and uneven edges. Actually this step cosmetic saja, but I just couldn't help myself hehe. Snip off or prick to let steam escape while baking. 
 
 
 
See, tiga side yang ada kesan fork tu, and one without. That one without is bahagian tengah-tengah yang kita lipat puff tadi tu. 
 
 

And I also made Tuna Puff. Just mix tuna flakes (in can) with loads of mayo (I use Kewpie - once dah cuba, there's not turning back).
 
This batch, I buat triangle. Just cut the puff sheet into 4 triangle. Spoon the filling and fold. Lagi senang buat triangle shape. To me la. Yang ni ada egg-wash.
 
Easy peasy. Cubalah.  :-)
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment